FAQ -FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How to get a price and availability estimate online and/or reserve online ?
- What to do if our apartment has an evening check-in while plan to we arrive in the morning? Or if we plan to leave in the evening while our apartment has a morning check-out?
- What if I make a lastminute reservation and do not have the time to get building keys by mail?
- I have a discount code and the discount is not shown during online reservation, is it normal?
- How exactly does the apartment rental process take place?
- What is the minimum length of stay ?
- We arrive by car, how to park it?
- How to get the most out of Prague when on a small budget?
- We are looking for an apartment for 2 and all of them are taken for the period we are interested in. What can we do?
- How to transfer from the airport to our apartment (and back...)?
- The simplest way is to go to our homepage and use our search by dates. If you are a group of ten people or more, go to "Groups" instead, it will be easier for you to find apartments that are in the same building.
2.What to do if our apartment has an evening check-in while plan to we arrive in the morning? Or if we plan to leave in the evening while our apartment has a morning check-out?
- Let us know this in advance. If the apartment is available earlier, we will inform you 2 or 3 days in advance and send you a new code that opens the apartment earlier.
- If you plan to arrive early in the morning after an exhausting travel (from the US for example), it may be worth for you to plan with us a guaranteed early check-in - for half the price of the night before your arrival.
you can leave your luggage at the luggage storage in Florenc
bus station -Luggage storage info and advice on possibilities
for early check-ins /late check-outs: click
here for our early-check-in advice.
- Let us know and stop by our office we are in Prague with wide and flexible opening hours (as long as you let us know in advance when you need to visit us) so you can easily stop by and take your building keys...
- Yes, the discount is taken into account only later, when we prepare your reservation confirmation e-mail (the process is not automated yet. But do check on the reservation confirmation e-mail that the discount has been taken into account. If it were not the case, please let us know as soon as possible).
The best is to read our user guide in the "About us" section of our website
3 nights, but it can be 1 or 2 nights if your reservation comes right before or right after another one
recommend you to put your car in a watched parking because the risk
of car theft is high-
. click here for parking advice.
to see and download the list of car parkings we recommend, their description and how to get back from the parking to our apartments using public transportation.
Overall, life in Prague is much cheaper than in London for example, so your stay will rather be an opportunity to please yourself with operas for 25 euros, cocktails for 5 euros, pints of beer for 1 euro and restaurants three to 5 times cheaper than in London...
- Save on transportation: see our Prague info section for hints on low-cost airlines and other possibilities depending on where you will leave from. See our Prague info section for hints on low-cost airlines and other possibilities depending on where you will leave from
- Save on accommodation.
- Choose RENTeGO ! Our apartments are cheaper than a hotel for comparable comfort and location (if you find cheaper, check carefully the location)
- Pick your season : for us as for most other accommodations, prices vary a lot depending on the season. Most expensive are summer (July 15th to August 15th), New Year, longer week-ends and bank holidays
- Pick your nights : nights from Sunday to Thursday are nearly 25% cheaper than Friday and Saturday
- Stay longer: the longer you stay, the less you pay per night. We offer you the flexibility to choose exactly the nights you need and pay only for them, even for short three or even 2 nights stays, but a 7 nights stay will still be cheaper per night than a 2 nights stay. This is because there are fixed costs with any rental (clean-up, laundry for bed linen and towel, management of your reservation etc.) that are better absorbed by a 7 nights stay than a 2 nights stay. Besides, shorter stays increase the risk for us not to find renters for the nights before and after your stay (if you rent for 2 nights instead of 7, we still have to find someone who wants for example exactly the 2 nights before you and the three nights after you...
- Pick your apartment : you must respect the maximum occupancy in your apartment's description, but our rates are based on recommended occupancy. For example, in apartment n°3-Lili there could be six of you (maximum occupancy)) if three of you sleep in the same bedroom, while we recommend the apartment for 4 persons because we consider as normal comfort to have one bedroom per 2 persons. You then save 30% more per person...
- Of course, you can choose another solution than our apartments, especially if price is your only criteria of choice.
- Usually, if you find cheaper,
it will probably be :
- By sacrificing comfort : if you accept sharing your bathroom with people you do not know, then hostels are cheaper
- By sacrificing location : we feel it is too bad because it will force you to spend a lot of time in public transportation or in traffic-jams, while Prague's beauties and attractions are concentrated in a very small area (which is why we chose to propose apartments in the center only). Also, really check the location of other proposals: official limits of Prague are very wide and you could be in Prague and 8 miles from the center...
- Save on food :
- As restaurants in Prague are 3 to 5 times cheaper than in London or the US, it is more a time to enjoy yourself than to restrain. That being said, it remains cheaper to cook your own breakfast or meals. All our apartments are equipped with a kitchen cor ner. Not enough to amaze your friends with your improvements of sophisticated top french cuisine recipes, but enough to prepare breakfast and simple meals.
- Another trick: in general, restaurants serve very generous quantities. You can ask for a doggy bag if you have trouble eating all (say : "Prosim zabalit s sebou" showing your plate; Usually, it is not a problem and you will pay an 0,5 euros extra for the pack. You will then have a meal you can warm up using the microwave oven in your apartment. (pretty practical if you get hungry at night). Also, it is healthier than eating too much and more morally gratifying than throwing away food...
9.We are looking for an apartment for 2 and all of them are taken for the period we are interested in. What can we do?
- Take a look at apartments for 3, they might still be competitive compared to a hotel room for 2.
- Maybe you have friends or relatives you have not seen for long that you could invite and share a bigger apartment with?
- Send us a message with your wishes. We may have a new apartment for 2 not yet online. Also, if an apartment for 3 is available at the same time, we might choose to give you a discount so that you pay only the price for 2.
You can see and download the full version including directions to transfer from Prague-airport to your apartment using taxi or public transportation click here for advice on how to transfer from airport to prague apartment.